Passport Services

Passport Services
Monday To Thursday 8:00 am to 3:00 pm

We do not provide Passport Services 

Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Walk-in service is now available with priority given to those with appointments.

*No walk-in customers will be served after 12:00pm. 

 Appointments are highly encouraged.

Schedule Your Appointment Below.

  1. Passport Services
  2. Detailed Requirements
  3. Helpful Links

The Customer Service Division provides Passport Acceptance Services. Appointments are highly encouraged and given priority over walk-in service. Please note walk-ins may experience a long wait time with no guarantee of same-day service.  

Please arrive with completed application(s), original documentation and two separate payments.

  • Original certified birth certificate (abstracts are not acceptable) or naturalization papers.
  • One passport photograph.
  • The completed application DS-11 Form (PDF) (available at the Customer Service Counter). Black ink only, no white out. You will not be able to fill out the application(s) at the Customer Service Counter.
  • Valid driver's license or identification card.
  • 2 separate payments.
    1. US Department of State payment by check or money order only, one check per application.
    2. City of Fontana payment by cash, card, check or money order.

Passport Book

The Passport Book is good for all international travel by air, sea or land. 

Passport Card

The Passport Card is a wallet-size card that can only be used for land and sea travel between the United States and Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda. The passport card cannot be used for international air travel.

Click below to schedule your appointment
Calendar Image Opens in new window


Passports are renewed by mail if you meet the following criteria.    You must mail in your renewal application (Form DS-82) yourself.

  • You have your passport in your possession to submit with your application. 
  • Your passport is undamaged other than normal wear or tear.
  • It was issued when you were age 16 or older. (A 10 year passport)
  • It was issued within the last 15 years. (No more than 5 years after expiration)
  • Was issued in your current name or you can provide document of name change.

If you answered "No" to any statement, you must apply in person with a DS-11.

How to Renew by mail with DS-82

  • Fill Out Form DS-82
    You must print the form single-sided. Double-sided forms are not acceptable.
    You can renew for a passport book, a passport card or both.
    You must complete both pages of the form and sign and date it.
  • Submit Your Most Recent Passport
    Your U.S. Passport book and/or card must meet all the requirements listed at the top of the page.
    Your old passport book and/or card will be returned to you, but generally it will come in a separate mailing from your new passport.
  • Include Name Change Documents (if applicable)
    If the name you are currently using is different from the name on your most recent U.S. passport, you must provide a certified copy of the legal name change document. Examples include:
          Marriage certificate
          Divorce decree
          Court-ordered name change document
    Your name change document will be returned to you in a separate mailing from your new passport.
  • Provide a New Photo
    Attach one photo to the application.
  • Provide Payment by Check or Money Order
    Payable to "U.S. Department of State"

    ROUTINE SERVICE 10-13 weeks 

    Passport Book $130
    Passport Card                   $30
    Passport Book & Card     $160

    EXPEDITED SERVICE 7-9 weeks. Express Return Fee can be added for an additional $19.53. Not valid for Passport Cards. 

  • Passport Book                 $190
    Passport Card                   $90
    Passport Book & Card     $220

  • Mail Completed Application
    Mail your completed application, including your most recent passport, name change document (if applicable), photo, and fees, to one of the addresses listed on the application. Where you send the application depends on where you live, and how quickly you want your passport. If you live in the United States, you must use the United States Postal Service (USPS) to mail your renewal application and supporting documents.  If you use UPS, FedEx, DHL, or another company to send your application, the application will be returned to you.
  • Can You Renew at an Acceptance Facility?
    No. If you are renewing your passport with Form DS-82, acceptance facilities will not take your application. You must mail in your renewal application (Form DS-82) yourself.