The Fontana Police Department offers Live Scan fingerprinting services for background checks for employment, school or volunteer positions.
Make an Appointment
- Live Scan fingerprinting is by appointment only
- Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Between 9:00 am to 11:00 am or 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Contact Records to make an appointment at (909) 356-7103
What to Bring to Your Appointment
- The Request for Live Scan Service form is required. The Live Scan appointment cannot be completed without it.
- The "Request for Live Scan Service" form must be completed prior to your appointment.
- The Police Department does not supply this form.
Must bring valid photo identification. Expired identification cards will not be accepted. Acceptable forms of identification include:
- California driver’s license
- California DMV identification card
- Valid out-of-state driver’s license
- Military ID
- Resident Alien Card / Immigration / Green Card
- The LiveScan fee is $23.00
- Depending on the reason for the fingerprints, additional Department of Justice or FBI fees may be required. For additional fee information, see attached Fee Schedule
- All fees must be paid at your scheduled appointment
- Payment methods include cash, check, money order, Visa, Mastercard or Discover