The Records Unit is responsible for:
- Data entry
- Disseminating copies to appropriate persons
- Obtaining statistical information
- Tracking and processing all police reports
- Live Scan Fingerprinting
- Background Checks
Obtain a Copy of an Incident Report by Mail
Obtain a Copy of a Traffic Report On-Line
- Copies of approved releasable Traffic Accident reports are available online for $18, plus a third-party convenience fee of $8.00
- You must provide the following information:
- Did the accident occur in the City of Fontana?
- Were you involved in the accident?
- Are you 18 years of age or older at the time of filing this request?
- Incident date and location of occurrence
- The party/parties involved in the incident, if known
- A report number, if known
- A valid copy of your Driver’s License, Passport, or Alien Resident card
- A vehicle license number, when applicable
- If you are an Attorney or an Insurance company, a signed release will be required.
- To submit a request for a Traffic Collision report, please click here
- To obtain a copy of a Traffic Collision report online through BuyCrash click here
Live Scan Fingerprinting
View Information on Live Scan Fingerprinting
Personal Background Check
A Personal Background Check is a search of City of Fontana records only. For State of California clearance, contact the Department of Justice.
To receive a Personal Background Check by mail:
- Complete the Personal Background Check Request Form
- Place the following items into an envelope:
- Completed Personal Background Check Request Form
- A photocopy of your photo identification (Photo ID must be issued by the State or Federal Government)
- A check or money order made payable to the City of Fontana, in the amount of $23
- Mail the envelope to:
Fontana Police Department
17005 Upland Avenue
Fontana, CA 92335
** Due to the high volume of requests, it may take two to three weeks to receive your copy.
We accept civil, criminal and deposition subpoenas for the production of records. The Custodian of Records must be served in person at 17005 Upland Avenue, Fontana, CA 92335. A fee of $15.00 must be paid at the time of service.
For more information,contact the Records Unit at (909) 350-7740 or (909) 356-7103 or by email.