Commercial Cannabis Permit
The application and review period for Cannabis Permitting is now complete.
The applicants that were selected for the three available Cannabis permits were:
- North: Element 7 - to be located at 16984 South Highland Avenue
- Central: Embarc - to be located at 9132 Sierra Avenue
- South: High Season - to be located at 11275 Sierra Avenue, suite 3-E
Summary (PDF) of the final scoring and rankings for each application area.
Cannabis in the City of Fontana
- Chapter 33 - Cannabis Businesses and Activities
- Resolution No. 2023-001 (Establishing Cannabis Fees)
- Resolution No. 2023-002 (Established Cannabis Hours of Operation)
- Resolution No. 2023-003 (Established Cannabis Permit Integrity Process Standards)
- Cannabis Ordinance 1899
Application, Fee, Links, and Forms
- Cannabis Application Procedures
- Commercial Cannabis Permit Application
- Indemnification Agreement
- Background Check Form
- Property Owner Consent
- Cannabis Area Map
- Application Fee Schedule
- Zoning Verification Letter
- Draft Operating Agreement
- Draft Development Agreement
The maximum number of Commercial Cannabis Permits that may be issued in the City is three (3). One may be used for the North Area, one may be issued for the Central Area and one may be issued for the South Area. this is based on the boundaries of the Commercial Cannabis Map approved by the City Council.
The process for issuing a Commercial Cannabis Permits to qualified cannabis businesses is meant to result in qualified businesses that will operate in accordance with state and local law, be successful, contribute positively to the community and local economy, and avoid secondary adverse impacts. The application process includes four phases.
Phase 1: Application submittal. This includes submitted complete information, completed Livescan and background check information (state and federal database) of all Responsible Persons, processing fees, conceptual renderings and location identification.
Phase 2: Initial scoring of application by a qualified third party.
Phase 3: Interview process.
Phase 4: Final scoring, and, if permit available, permit issuance.
If you have any questions regarding the process for the Commercial Cannabis Permit, please contact the City Manager's office at firstname.lastname@example.org.