- Community Services
- Programs & Classes
- Fontana Park Aquatic Center
- Swimwear Policy and Pool Guidelines
Swimwear Policy and Pool Guidelines
All swimmers must wear proper swim attire. No denim, basketball, jersey or cotton shorts or t-shirts permitted in the water. Floatation devices are allowed only if Coast Guard approved (must have approval stamp and/or seal). Aquatics staff reserves the right to have final interpretation of pool rules and proper swim attire.
- Anyone experiencing any symptoms of symptoms of illness should stay home and refrain from public facility use.
- All patrons must pre-register online for Lap Swim & Water Walking and Aqua Aerobics. In-person registration will not be taken.
- Patrons must enter the facility through the gate near the ticket booth. The lobby will be closed to through traffic.
- Facility is for active use only - lounging or loitering on deck is not permitted. Amenities such as drinking fountains, deck furniture and planter seating will not be available.
- There are no transfers, credits or refunds for any Aquatics programs. Unattended program, activity registration and/or reservations will not be refunded.
- All persons entering pool complex are required to pay the admission fee; including non-swimmers.
- Proper swim wear must be worn at all times.
- Provocative and/or thong swimsuits are not permitted.
- Children 6 years of age and younger must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- No person shall enter the aquatic facility without a lifeguard present.
- Swim diapers are required for all children who are not toilet trained.
- A complete head and body shower must be taken before entering the pool.
- Flotation devices are only permitted if Coast Guard approved. Item must have Coast Guard approval stamp or seal.
- Pool toys, balls, masks, and fins are not permitted in the pool.
- Hanging on ropes or lane lines is not permitted.
- Hanging, swinging, and sitting on hand rails is not permitted.
- No smoking, alcohol, or illegal substances. Individuals assumed to be under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs will not be permitted to enter the aquatic facility.
- No gum chewing.
- No glass or open flame.
- No running, pushing, shoving or horse play in the pool or on the deck.
- Chicken fights, intentional splashing, and foul language will not be permitted.
- No weapons or items used to cause harm.
- Cell phones, cameras and video cameras may not be used in locker rooms.
- The City of Fontana is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged articles.
- No animals - with the exception of medical assistance dogs are allowed on deck.
- Emergency equipment is for lifeguard use only. Only lifeguards are permitted on lifeguard stands.
- Diving is only permitted from diving board.
Diving Board Rules
- A swim test is highly recommended prior to using diving boards.
- Please ask a lifeguard to administer the test.
- Only one (1) bounce on is permitted.
- Only one (1) person on the ladder at a time.
- Upon entry, swimmer must swim directly to closest ladder at the side of the pool to exit.
- Intentionally splashing lifeguards is strictly prohibited.
- The following is prohibited on the diving board:
- Running on the board.
- Diving from the side of the board.
- Swinging on the rails.
- Horseplay (flips, back dives, etc.)
- Wearing goggles.
- Diving board may only be used during Recreational Swim.
We reserve the right to deny entrance to:
- Persons who are hostile or a threat to the staff and others.
- Anyone who does not follow pool rules.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Children 6 and younger who are not accompanied by an adult.
- Persons with colds, coughs, nasal or eye discharges, open wounds, bandages, etc.
Pool rules are designed for the safety of everyone. The City of Fontana reserves the right to amend these rules for the safety of the participants. The City of Fontana also reserves the right to remove any participants who violate any of these rules or ignores direction from aquatics staff. Failure to follow the pool rules will result in non-admittance or expulsion from the pool grounds.
No refunds will be issued. Aquatics staff reserves the right to have final interpretation of pool rules and proper swim attire.