The Fire Prevention office performs/issues:
- Plan Checks
In order to protect the public and emergency responders from safety hazards due to fire.
Permits, Inspections and Plan Checks are typically performed in the following order:
- Visit Building & Safety to apply for a Building Permit
- Apply for Fire Permit - If your project requires a Fire Permit, you will be referred to the Fire Department by Building and Safety
- Plan Check - Plans will need to be submitted to the Fire Department for review.
- Permit - Once your Plans are approved a Permit will be issued by the Fire Department
Fees vary depending on the type of Inspection, Plan Check or Permit issues. View our Fee Schedule for a general list of fees.
Fire Code & Standards Used
- Fire Prevention Standards
- 2016 California Fire Code
- NFPA 10 Fire Extinguishers
- NFPA 13 Fire Sprinklers
- NFPA 13D 1 & 2 Family Residential Fire Sprinklers
- NFPA 13R Multi-Family Residential Fire Sprinklers
- NFPA 72 Fire Alarm Systems
- Most recent versions of other nationally recognized standards.
For more information, please feel free to contact us Monday-Thursday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
Fees & Permits (909) 428-8891
Inspections (909) 428-8897