The Plan Check Section of the Building and Safety Division is responsible for the review of all plans that are submitted for conformance to all applicable codes.
Plan Check submissions should meet all requirements listed below:
- Register for Electronic Submittal through our Online Portal
- Submission of Drawings or Site Plan (if needed)
- Additional plans/drawings for the following projects:
- Payment of Fees
- You do have the option of submitting paper plans. Please have your plans and complete the Application for Permit and Plan Check and make arrangement to submit at our building counter.
Building & Safety
8353 Sierra Ave
Fontana, CA 92335
- Reviews and ensures that project is in compliance with the building, fire, safety, and related code requirements
- Typically takes about 3-4 weeks
- For expedited solar reviews, it takes about 3-5 business days but PV Expedite Requirements must be met.
- You will be notified of any corrections/changes needed to meet minimum standards.
- Typically takes about 2 weeks after amended plans are submitted.
Once the plans have been approved, a permit can be issued when appropriate fees are paid to the City and various other agencies (such as the Inland Empire Utilities Agency) for sewer service and the appropriate school district.
In order to check on the status of your plan review, you can
- Check our Online Portal.
- Call (909) 350-7640 or email us.
In addition, please have at least one the following information available:
- Plan Check Number
- Property Address
- How do I find out the status of my Plan Check and/or Building Permit application?
- What is the fee to file for a building permit or to submit plans?
- What is the turnaround time for the approval of a plan check and/or building permit?
- Where do I submit plans for my project?
- Where do I submit revisions to my building application?