FONTANA, CA (Sept. 14, 2023) – Healthy Fontana is excited to bring its yearly event, the Let’s Move on the Trail Health & Safety Expo, to the Fontana community on Saturday, October 14, 2023, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Miller Park (17004 Arrow Blvd.). Let’s Move on the Trail aims to help residents improve their health and wellness in their homes and community by connecting them with valuable health and public safety resources offered in Fontana and countywide.
Bring the whole family and take part in the family-fun activities organized by Healthy Fontana, Fontana Police, and San Bernardino County Fire Department. This event is free and open to all.
Event activities will include:
- A family friendly walk, run, and roll. Free ‘Let’s Move on the Trail’ active wear shirts will be distributed to those participating in the walk/roll, while supplies last. Walk starts at 9:30 a.m. at the Miller Park Amphitheater.
- Resources from over 40+ vendors such as the Farm Fresh to You, Reach Out, medical institutions, City of Fontana’s Aquatics and Sports Divisions, and more. Partners will be giving way free information and goodies.
- Live Police Department and Fire Department demonstrations taking place throughout the day, including an auto extrication, K9, and SWAT demos. Attendees of all ages will also be able to visit the Fontana Police Department and the San Bernardino County Fire Station No. 71 Open Houses.
- ‘Taste of Fontana’ with a variety of refreshments and food options.
- Test your skills on the rock-climbing wall and inflatable obstacle course. Make and share memories together at the photo booth before the day is done.
- Family-friendly lawn games such as Connect 4, pineapple bowling, and giant Jenga.
For the past 10 years, Let’s Move on the Trail has brought a variety of valuable resources to the community including healthy eating and physical activity options, information on how to keep you and your family safe, and tips on how to prepare for natural disasters.
For more information on this year’s event, visit https://www.fontana.org/3227/Lets-Move-on-the-Trail or contact Healthy Fontana at (909) 350-6542.
Healthy Fontana is a program of the City of Fontana’s Community Services Department whose mission is to create greater awareness of health in the community and seeks to inspire residents to make impactful changes to their lifestyle to help everyone live long and healthy lives.