Single Family Home Programs
The City of Fontana is offering grants and deferred loans for the rehabilitation of owner-occupied, single-family dwellings. Repairs must be done in accordance with the City's program guidelines and homeowner reimbursements are not allowed.
A one-time grant in the amount of $5,000 shall be provided to eligible low and moderate-income owners. Seniors (62+) or households who have very low income (below 50% AMI) are eligible for a $10,000 grant. Households where all adults are Seniors (62+) are eligible for $15,000 in grant funds for roof replacements only.
In addition to the grant, loans up to $20,000 shall be made available to homeowners. Loans will carry a 0% interest rate. Loans become payable upon of sale, refinance or transfer of the property. Homeowners who have a reverse mortgage are only eligible for the grant.
- Property must be a single-family dwelling (No mobile homes, Condos, etc.) and within City boundaries. To verify that your property is within City boundaries, please search for your address on the City's map.
- Applicant must meet the annual household gross income established by HUD for the program regardless if they are getting the grant and/or loan.
2023 Income Limits by Household Size
Effective June 15, 2023
|Household Size||GROSS Income Limit |
- Applicant must occupy and be the homeowner of the property to be rehabilitated.
- Income documentation will be required for all adults (18+) that live in the home, regardless of their financial contribution to the household.
Some Eligible Repairs:
- Paint- In and Outside Property
- Window Replacement
- New Flooring - Carpet, Tile, Etc.
- Kitchen Cabinets
- Bathroom Remodel
- Roof Replacement Only
- Electrical Repairs
Applicants can download both the application and the Lead-Based Paint brochure using links below. The application package, including required documents, can be submitted in person or by mail to the Housing Department:
- Housing Rehabilitation Program Application - English (PDF)
- Lead-Based Paint Brochure - English (PDF)
- Housing Rehabilitation Program Application - Spanish (PDF)
- Lead-Based Paint Brochure - Spanish (PDF)
Application review timing will vary depending on completeness of application and required documentation submitted. Applications will be reviewed and processed on a First-Come, First-Served basis.
For more information or a paper application, please call (909) 350-6606 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.